Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

photocell switch circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty

I have limited knowledge, but i am looking to build a basic circuit using a photocell that will see a camera flash and switch on a 12v latching relay, can anyone point me in the right direction ??

Don't use a photocell, it's far too slow, you need a photo diode and a high pass filter so it only responds to the flash and not slow changes in intensity.

Don't use a photocell, it's far too slow, you need a photo diode and a high pass filter so it only responds to the flash and not slow changes in intensity.

What i am looking to do is energise a electric turntable from a camera flash, ie
flash fires then turntable rotates.

What i am looking to do is energise a electric turntable from a camera flash, ie
flash fires then turntable rotates.

There are plenty of flash trigger circuits on the net that uses photo cells. Here is one: **broken link removed**
To get this circuit working for your particular purpose, you must add a relay, diode, battery and a switch

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back