Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photo Transistor NTE 3032

Status
Not open for further replies.

vheerdg

Hi there was wondering if someone can help me. I have a photo transistor with a base. I want to know if the base can be used to make the transistor more sensitive. If this is possible can you please explain how.

Thanks

The base can only be used to make the transistor less sensitive or modify it's response time.

The base can only be used to make the transistor less sensitive or modify it's response time.

A photo transistor can only generate a limited amount of base current due to light you cant increase it by say reflecting light on its base terminal or so.

Hi guys i need to shine light down from the top of a 15mm pvc pipe and then on the side of the pipe fibre strands must pick this light up and relay it to a nte3032 phototransistor. it picks up the light fine when the fibre strand is close to the light source but as soon as it moves to far away like the bottom of the pipe the light that the fibre strand picks up is not enough to switch on the phototransistor which i have configured as a switch. Can anyone give me some advice on how i can get the transistor to switch on.

Would help if you'd post a schematic of the phototransistor circuit.

You may be able to increase the sensitivity by increasing the resistor values in the circuit or adding some gain stages but, without knowing the circuit, it's difficult to be more specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back