Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photo fabrication for PCB's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson777717

Heya folks!
Does anyone know how to create a power supply for a fluroescent lamp? I don't have one of these lying around, so I can't see how it works, and what kinds of connections are made.

What I'm trying to do:
I'm interested in getting into the Photodevelopment PCB fabrication process, and I don't want to simply purchase a light fixture for making the PCB's, for two reasons.

1. I believe I can make a similar fixture for a fraction of the cost.
2. I'd like to learn how fluroescent lamps are "wired" or how they work etc.

Another question that I have regards the type of lamp bulb to use for the photo PCB fabrication process. I can order a specific lamp which comes with the normal kit for about $9. Are there any alternatives to spending $9 on a replacement lamp? If so, what kind of lamp should I purchase for this? I took a stroll by the lamp section at a local hardware store, and they have a few different types of lamp bulbs. I didn't see a bulb which advertised "UV light" so I'm assuming I may need to go with the lamp bulb that the PCB fabricator offers???

Has anyone else taken the back road approach to setting up a UV lamp for the photo PCB fab process?

Thank you for your time, and any assistance that you can provide. Have a good one!

I haven't built a lamp/timer assy (yet), I just use a clamp-on desk lamp with two fluorescent blacklight bulbs in it. The bulbs I used are F15T8BL. I did a quick "google" and found a source for $5US each (considerably less than what I paid!) I've always had good results with these, as they were recommended by the PCB mfg. Here's the link:
**broken link removed**
I also have a horseshoe shaped UV lamp I picked up on eBay for a few bucks (couldn't pass it up) but I haven't used it yet. I use my lamps at about 4 inches from the PCB, for about 4-5 minutes (experimentation on exposure times required here on your part to get suitable results, depends on your artwork opacity). JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back