Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

photo detector circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

renaissances21

Hi,

I'm trying to design a photo detector circuit. Can anyone share with me how the circuit will look like? I just want a simple photo detector that when leds shine light on the finger and photo detector detect and give reading of human pulse.

A pulse oximeter looks at O2 levels in the blood using a fingertip device that includes LEDs. I think it also provides a pulse rate. You might google on pulse oximetry to get some ideas.

ok..i have seen some ckts like this.. the skin(or blood?) reflects IR , and the reflected intensity depends upon the blood beneath the skin . so u can build an IR diode + phototrans as the detector and monitor the amplified signal from the phototrans

renaissances21 said:
Hi,

I'm trying to design a photo detector circuit. Can anyone share with me how the circuit will look like? I just want a simple photo detector that when leds shine light on the finger and photo detector detect and give reading of human pulse.

Try having a look at **broken link removed** which shows a PIC based one. The actual sensor part looks like this:

Attachments

• temp_127.gif
    temp_127.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 701
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back