Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phono Socket help

Status
Not open for further replies.

VsUK

Hi, I've been looking all over the place for a product that i just cant seem to find. My 2 phono sockets snapped off the back of my device. I've attacked an image for you to look at. As you can see, the Metal phono case has 2 prongs that push into the back of my device & hold tight, the inside of the case has a red & white cap to determine which lead goes where. The black bits was inside & fixed onto the device which i presume to give extra stability which have snapped off. My phono lead plugs in & the centre rod push's onto 2 pins on my device which slide open & grip to create the connection.

I've been searching for the photo socket's themselves or fitted to a pcb box as I'm able to take apart to adapt to my device if need be, but I'm getting the impression this style is an old one that is not used much anymore.

If you could help me i would much appreciate it.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
A quick search on Digikey found these **broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Yeah I have found some of those also but they wont do, the rectangle flat fold down part before the prong lifts it away from the device & isnt stable & im not 100% sure if the pre fixed centre rod will do the trick also. But yeah I've seen these type everywhere i search & not confident they will be secure enough as mine are.

Mine will still fit fine, just the black centre part that guide the Phono Lead into the hole on my device is broke & stops me from plugging them in & without it my lead dosnt stay in.

Ill upload a pic of how it should look with lead plugged in for a better idea :D gimi 2 mins & ill edit this post.

Here it is :D
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Maybe but its on a very important piece of DJ equipment & nothing else will do. Btw, i noticed i put the broken black bit in up side down.. u got the broken side showing :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back