Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phone vibrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flemmard

Hi,
I wish to do some application using vibrator, the one which is in the phone.
I don't know the part number.Can you folks help me?
Is it a motor ,btw?

THanks

flemmard said:
Hi,
I wish to do some application using vibrator, the one which is in the phone.
I don't know the part number.Can you folks help me?
Is it a motor ,btw?

THanks
hi,
The types I have seen are small dc motors driving an off balance external rotor weight.

If you can get an 'old' play station controller, they have a vibrator.

You are posting lots of different thread subjects, what are you building:)

ericgibbs said:
hi,
The types I have seen are small dc motors driving an off balance external rotor weight.

If you can get an 'old' play station controller, they have a vibrator.

You are posting lots of different thread subjects, what are you building:)

Thanks for your reply.I'm building my School project....Topic - Security and safety !;)

flemmard said:
Thanks for your reply.I'm building my School project....Topic - Security and safety !;)

Depending upon the intensity of the 'vibration' you could use a small dc relay driven by a square wave.... adding a little weight to the relay armature will increase the intensity.

You could also connect the relay up as an oscillator if you want to save components.

Jameco, among others, sells the motors/vibrator. Usually a small motor with off balance weight.

Just rip apart an old cell phone. I know we've been through many and they usually end up as kids toys and then trash as they have no resale value once they get old. Open one up and take out the vibrator.

Would like to know how cell phone vibrator works ( is it a relay ). Does it draw more battery current making battery drains faster.

It is a tiny electric motor that spins an off-balanced weight around and around.
Of course it uses electricity from the battery to power it.

Use an old dildo.

MalcolmV8 said:
Just rip apart an old cell phone. I know we've been through many and they usually end up as kids toys and then trash as they have no resale value once they get old. Open one up and take out the vibrator.
You should donate them to charity.

My cell phone is nearing the end of its contract. It has phone numbers and personal pictures in its memory.

I might be able to use its camera one day (I used the camera only in the 1st week that I had the phone) or its FM radio that I never used.

Its original battery still works fine so feel sorry to give it and the cell phone away.

Fancy phones are a waste of money as very few people use all the features.

I use my phone once a month maybe.

That's only when my dad's given me a lift to town and I want him to pick me up,

Our land line phone company is really cheap, we can talk to any other land line in the UK for one hour before they charge us. I just have all my friends' home numbers so I don't spend any money ringing them.

In Canada, we can make as many calls as we want for as long as we want without paying any more than a basic fee on a land line. Long distance calls are charged per mile and per minute..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back