Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phone line using tones only

Status
Not open for further replies.

glebka11

Hey
I want to build this project, that will allow me to connect a microphone to the speaker of the regular telephone and speaker to the mic of the telephone, and then connect the other end to a regular modem.

Basicly:

TELEPHONE -> Speaker | > mic --------|-----some circuit----MODEM
****************Mic | > speaker---|

I understand that there might be a lot of vocal breaks due to autside factors, but i will put some noise protectors.

I really need this to be build, so please, any idea will be appreciated!

glebka11 said:
Hey
I want to build this project, that will allow me to connect a microphone to the speaker of the regular telephone and speaker to the mic of the telephone, and then connect the other end to a regular modem.

Basicly:

TELEPHONE -> Speaker | > mic --------|-----some circuit----MODEM
****************Mic | > speaker---|

I understand that there might be a lot of vocal breaks due to autside factors, but i will put some noise protectors.

I really need this to be build, so please, any idea will be appreciated!

Acoustic modems were extremely common in the past, however the BIG problem is their reliability - they only work well at very low speeds. I've not seen any since the 300 and 1200 baud days - I presume you are wanting modern speeds?.

As the matter of fact, i don't care about the speed, as the connection will be used for temprorary SSH and telnet sessions (only some text will be transfered).

This is veryimportant for me.

glebka11 said:
As the matter of fact, i don't care about the speed, as the connection will be used for temprorary SSH and telnet sessions (only some text will be transfered).

This is veryimportant for me.

I had an acoustic modem at home somewhere, from a Commodore 64, I'll see if I can find it - it might have been thrown away by now though.

I've just checked, no sign of it, it must have gone in the bin!. Why do you want to do this?, it's not been done for a great many years (1970's?) - and it didn't work very well then!.

Basicly, i need it to be able to get SSH/Telnet controll over my PC on public phones temprorary (assuming i have a laptop).

Do you or anyone else know how to build something like this?

If a driver is a problem, i am not learning Driver Development in c++ for nothing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back