Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phone line to sound card adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlainB

Hi,

I made this adaptor using parts from a old modem card. The schematic, wich I am very thankfull for, is from ljcox, a forum member:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/help-converting-speaker-phone-to-line-level.26988/#post191400

I must say that I am very happy with the way it is working. It is not picking up any noise or interference even if it is very near a few computers and other equipments. But I used a good quality and well shilded (stereo) cable as output to he sound card .

I am using Voice E-Mail Pilot, a freeware, as recording software. This software has the ability to stop recording when there is no activity on the line.

In my opinion, this little gadget in an essestial tool for today's way many companies use for doing business. The contract that you will agree to will often be a verbal contract over the phone with someone that will not even tell you his family name. It is like that with my cell phone company, my phone company and many other companies.

Here where I live, It is not illegal to record a phone conversation if you are part of it. You don't even have to inform the person(s) you are talking to that you are recording them.

Alain

Attachments

• Phone to SoundCard Ima.jpg
    Phone to SoundCard Ima.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 434
  • Phone to SoundCard Sch.jpg
    Phone to SoundCard Sch.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
Here where I live, It is not illegal to record a phone conversation if you are part of it. You don't even have to inform the person(s) you are talking to that you are recording them. Alain

Nice work.

"One-sided recording" is legal in many US states as well, including Ohio. One caveat to remember in the US is that if the other party asks whether the call is being recorded, you must answer truthfully.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back