Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Philips monitor 107s5

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Mustafa Nawaz

Hi,
I've hearing a whistling sound when i switch on my monitor while monitor attached to the CPU is already on. Can anyone suggest what technically i do to avoid this whistling sound.
Thanks a lot.

Thank you for giving interest for my problem. This sound come from the monitor. Sometimes it comes when i just switch on my monitor while computer is already on.
While sometimes it comes when i start any 3D graphic software.

Last edited:
The switching power supply inside the monitor is operating in the human hearing frequency range and not very efficiently. This is caused by weak capacitors or resistors that have dried up or are getting hot. The longer you leave it, the worse it gets until it goes off completely. I have the same problem with one of my monitors but it's all high voltage or very high voltage inside so not a good idea to fiddle inside while it's on!

Try replacing capacitors and measuring the resistance of resistors in the power supply section. Resistors may read lower than expected, but should not be higher (fault?)

If you're not capable of repairing it yourself the only practical solution is getting a new monitor. LCD's generically do not have this problem, and it's getting (at least in the states) to find tube monitors nowdays anyways.

Dear Nawaz,

Your Monitor is not support high resolution, please set a low desktop resolution.

Let me know the model of your monitor.

Changing the resolution may actually work. Changing the refresh rate may help as well, it won't fix the monitor but it may put it in a mode where the harmonics are not audible.

Thanks for all for participating in my problem resolving. But i think by changing a capacitor of switching power supply has might not solve my problem. Still once i hear a little whistle sound from monitor after changing of capacitor. If any one has any other solution i am ready to try that.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back