Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Philips 55pos9002 Ambilight - Not turning on | Red light blinking 4-41 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

nununs

Hello :)

I have a defective Philips 55pos9002 Ambilight here. It won't turn on.
I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, and how did you manage to fix it.

What happens:
When I plug the power cord in, without even touching the remote control, the led light starts blinking extremely fast.
Using the remote control doesn't turn the TV on. Actually nothing happens.

I counted the led blinking lights (by shooting a video on slow motion, otherwise it's so fast that it's simply impossible to count) - There are two sequences: 4 initial blinks, followed by a short pause, followed by 41 blinks.
- I've attached the video as a zip file with this post, you can check it out.

I looked up the Service Manual for this TV, in order to find out what this blinking light error code means, but I can't seem to figure it out.
There's apparently two "Layers" - Layer 1, and Layer 2 - so I'm assuming the first sequence of the led blinking corresponds to Layer 1 error codes, while the second part of the led blinking corresponds to the Layer 2 error codes.
However, if that is correct ,there's a match for the first sequence of "4" in Layer 1, but there isn't even an error code for "41" on Layer 2.

Here's a screenshot from the manual:
1e.jpg

2e.jpg

I've attached the Service Manual with this post, for anyone interested.

Would appreciate any help.
Cheers

Attachments

• Philips_TPM17.1E_LA.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 310
  • slowmo-philips_1.zip
    780.9 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back