Philips 55pos9002 Ambilight - Not turning on | Red light blinking 4-41 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

nununs

Hello

I have a defective Philips 55pos9002 Ambilight here. It won't turn on.
I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, and how did you manage to fix it.

What happens:
When I plug the power cord in, without even touching the remote control, the led light starts blinking extremely fast.
Using the remote control doesn't turn the TV on. Actually nothing happens.

I counted the led blinking lights (by shooting a video on slow motion, otherwise it's so fast that it's simply impossible to count) - There are two sequences: 4 initial blinks, followed by a short pause, followed by 41 blinks.
- I've attached the video as a zip file with this post, you can check it out.

I looked up the Service Manual for this TV, in order to find out what this blinking light error code means, but I can't seem to figure it out.
There's apparently two "Layers" - Layer 1, and Layer 2 - so I'm assuming the first sequence of the led blinking corresponds to Layer 1 error codes, while the second part of the led blinking corresponds to the Layer 2 error codes.
However, if that is correct ,there's a match for the first sequence of "4" in Layer 1, but there isn't even an error code for "41" on Layer 2.

Here's a screenshot from the manual:

I've attached the Service Manual with this post, for anyone interested.

Would appreciate any help.
Cheers

Attachments

• Philips_TPM17.1E_LA.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 313
  • slowmo-philips_1.zip
    780.9 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…