Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Philips 21PT165A/13 identify Capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfomt

Hello.
Trying to fix a Philips CRT TV. Have replaced a few bad capacitors. But having problem with one of them. The text on the capacitor is gone, can only see 50v on it. On the pcb it should be mounted at 2753
I have checked the service manual for the capacitor but can’t find it anywhere,
Service manual:

Not the resistor 5746 either that looks suspicious.
Maybe I’m blind

1AFB60D9-28DD-4C1B-BD6B-1F1653364EB2.jpeg

2607F96B-2973-46F2-BA44-A6514EEBE502.jpeg

34F2C00F-6F93-46A2-8360-724BD65DD13F.jpeg

It looks pretty clearly marked as 1uF - there can't be anything in front of the '1' as you don't get 11uF or 101uF etc.

If you'd posted a picture of the bottom of the board, we could see where it connects to, and compare that to the circuit - or you could simply do it yourself.

Presumably it's just a different revision of the PCB, which as I presume you know is the teletext decoder? - so not much use now anyway. Does the set work OK with it unplugged?, some sets do, some require wire links fitting if the board isn't there.

It's the wrong manual.
The board uses an SAA5246, the manual shows an SAA 5281 & no separate RAM IC.

Also the 5746 part appears to be in inductor, not a resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back