Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phasing and quality issues with running audio effect pedals in parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This may be one for the more experienced with audio circuits, but everyone should give it a crack.

I want to run a lot of pedals in parallel instead of series.

So, instead of
**broken link removed**

I need
**broken link removed**

Now, I saw a post about this a year or so ago and saw many talking about possible phasing issues and lack of power and tone when just plugging them like so.

Would I need to use an OpAmp buffer? I remember this being a possibility.
Do you think there would be phasing issues? If so do you know how I could avoid/fix them?

Thanks to all who contribute. :D

The issue isn't phasing (which buffering wouldn't solve anyhow, unless the phase difference is 180°, in which case you could invert the signal).

The potential problem is overloading the outputs of all those pedals when you tie them together, since you're using the simplest method to sum them. Depends on their output impedance. Any chance you could find out what that is?

You could try this scheme and see how it works.

The potential problem is overloading the outputs of all those pedals when you tie them together, since you're using the simplest method to sum them. Depends on their output impedance. Any chance you could find out what that is?

The only thing is, I have a ton of pedals, I also want to make this for 2 friends who have even more and are constantly changing them, so I was thinking a more sustainable route?

EDIT:
Just an idea, could I put one big 6-in additive mixer at the receive end, so all the signals come back together, then each recieve end can have a phase invert button just in case I come across an inverting pedal?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back