Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phase shifter 2.4Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmga9

Hi,

I'm in a beam control project and i want to make a phase shifter to use in 2.4Ghz so i would like to know if anyone could tell me any circuit that could help me?

Best Regards jmga9

A very short piece of coax cable?

i didnt understand your question mike! i wanted to buy a phase shifter but since there is no economic possibilities i have to construct one!

Mike is saying:

"Why dont you use a short length of coax cable"

this is the most obvious way of creating a phase shift at such high frequencies.

A quarter-wavelength will create a 90degree phase shift.
A quarter wavelength at 2.4Ghz is about 31mm, cut a piece of coax for the required phase shift and dont forget to allow for the velocity factor of the coax.

Alternatively, you could use a component such as this:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/10/JSPHS-2484.pdf
It will cost a bit more than a length of coax, but it will be easier to adjust.

JimB

Last edited:
ok! but i will have an antenna array so i woul like to control the beam! i want to build a circuit to control the beam!

OK, here we go again:

RANT_MODE=ON

What is it with some of the posters here, they ask a question and then change their minds when someone gives them the answer.

i want to make a phase shifter to use in 2.4Ghz

So, having been told that is is possible to use a length of coax cable or an off the shelf component, the question is:

ok! but i will have an antenna array so i woul like to control the beam! i want to build a circuit to control the beam!

The directivity of an antenna is affected by (amongst other things) the phasing of the feed to different driven elements.

But then you knew that all along because in your first post you wrote:
I'm in a beam control project and i want to make a phase shifter to use in 2.4Ghz
So from this we assume that you are trying to adjust the phasing in some antenna array.

RANT_MODE=OFF

So, decide what it is you are trying to do, make a clear statement of those requirements and then tell us what is your problem.

At the current rate of progress we (you) will get nowhere.

JimB

Last edited:
yes i want to adjust the phase, because i want to control the radiation pattern! and for that i have to analyse/build an atenuattor and phase shifter!!

i will build an planar antenna array, and also build the necessary circuits to control de radiation pattern. It will be an array with 64 antennas 8x8. So i will have to build attenuators, phase shifters and power combiners because i have to make the adaption and also the control of the beam to made an radiation pattern controled.

yes but a small one! was a 2x2. No it isnt a radar!!

thanks for the link!! seems to be good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back