Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search it

I am looking for a simple circuit and component list to construct a variable phase shift that will allow me to reduce the audio output from a compressor.
I undertake marine research at my own expense and do not have funds to purchase a commercial unit (if available)

I am looking for a simple circuit and component list to construct a variable phase shift that will allow me to reduce the audio output from a compressor.
I undertake marine research at my own expense and do not have funds to purchase a commercial unit (if available)

Hi SI,

Welcome to the forum. While I am probably not experienced enough to help you, there are others here who are.

You will stand a better chance of getting a useful answer if you state your problem more clearly. On this site, "compressor" could mean anything from "audio compressor" to "air compressor".

Can you provide more information about the equipment you have (i.e. model names/numbers, what it does, etc) and what it's doing that you don't like (or not doing, that you want it to do)?

What voltages and currents are involved?

Basically, it's better to spew out too much information than too little. Given enough information, even I might have the chops to research something which might help you. :) More likely, someone more experienced will be able to look through everything you provide and realize that they know the answer--or have an idea--and post a response.

Good luck!

Torben

Thanks for that Torben,
Item/s I wish to reduce the sound level are, Electric Air Compressor similar to garage unit, a Diesel Electric Generator 2 kilowatt. I have been advised that an audio amp including a phase shift can detect the audio frequencies via mike and play back the same frequencies 180 deg shift through a speaker fixed to a covering cabinet surrounding the unit/s and thereby reduce the noise level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back