Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallabybob

Has anyone any information of phase shifting for example 7000 hz sequencially at a
6 degree phase shift for 30 seconds followed by 12 degrees, 18, 24, 30 and through to
360 degrees until a period of 30 minutes has been reached. I would like to implement a
digital electronic device to phase shift the signals through to a set of headphones. I hope the phase shifting even if it is a shotgun approach can cancel out the perceived 7000 hz sounds. What does 6 degrees phase shift equate to in relationship to 7000 hz.
Is it like reverse polarity. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks johnny

One way would be to digitize the signal with an A/D converter, add a delay to each sample equal to the desired phase shift, and then convert the signal back to analog with a D/A converter. The delay could be done with a FIFO (First In Firs Out) memory. There are techniques to simulate a FIFO using a microprocessor and RAM memory.

Thanks crutschow, i am not that clued up on this technology. Could a small electronic device do what you mentioned and how would i go about getting one made up.

Thanks crutschow, i am not that clued up on this technology. Could a small electronic device do what you mentioned and how would i go about getting one made up.
It could be quite small.

To get one built you would need to find someone who can design electronic analog circuits and program microprocessors, that is willing to do it for you. Someone on this forum likely could, if they have the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back