Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phase shift oscillator (Formula)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghasemzadeh

**broken link removed**
I want to find phase shift between A and B output (and also A-C & A-D)
I use EWB to find phase shift but I need Formula for phase shift and also gain of A-B (not in dB)(A-C & A-D) (Gain VB/VA VC/VA VD/VA)
Any one can help me to find formula of gain and shift phase?

Last edited:
You should use a buffer amplifier between each RC phase-shift section so that the next RC section doesn't load-down the previous section. Then the calculations are simple and the gain of the inverting opamp does not need to be so high.

You should use a buffer amplifier between each RC phase-shift section so that the next RC section doesn't load-down the previous section. Then the calculations are simple and the gain of the inverting opamp does not need to be so high.

Thanks,I want to know how can I find gain (loss) in this circuit.
Just tell how can I find Voltage of A and B I can do it for other nodes.

Texas instruments has a document about sine-wave oscillators. Their simple phase-shift oscillator has the R and C reversed from your circuit (as lowpass filters to reduce distortion) and say that theirs needs a gain of 27 to start oscillating. If the RC stages are buffered then the gain must be slightly more than 8.

Attachments

• sine-wave oscillators TI.pdf
    253.8 KB · Views: 528
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back