Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase reversal indication guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajaneesh

Hi All,

Is there any simple circuit to identify the phase reverse or phase sequence change in a 3 phase (star connected) 440V system?

Thanks in advance

Help needed in Phase reverse identification

Rajaneesh said:
Hi All,

Is there any simple circuit to identify the phase reverse or phase sequence change in a 3 phase (star connected) 440V system?

Thanks in advance

Is there any other simple method, in addition to the one cited below to identify the phase reverse in 3 phase system.

Known method: Convert the sine to square using Zero crossing detector and then compare the rising time between the phase using a Micro controller.

What do you want to prove !

The phase sequence is clockwise or anti-clockwise. The only time when a change may happen is when the cables get transposed when a transformer is replaced or a generator is inserted and appropiate before and after tests were not done.

Get a phasesequence meter ( for continuous duty ) with optical indicators and sense these with an optocoupler to detect rotation and trigger your alarm or relay.

Cheers, Raymond

RODALCO said:
What do you want to prove !

The phase sequence is clockwise or anti-clockwise. The only time when a change may happen is when the cables get transposed when a transformer is replaced or a generator is inserted and appropiate before and after tests were not done.

Get a phasesequence meter ( for continuous duty ) with optical indicators and sense these with an optocoupler to detect rotation and trigger your alarm or relay.

Cheers, Raymond

Hi Rodalco,

I wanted to know , on what principle this stuff work? I have a blower in the workshop, which is driven by the 3phase motor. Some time the phase sequence get change(R Y B) due to other experiment done inside. This is making the blower to work as suction device. I wanted to sense the phase sequence and if the phases are not in the correct sequence ( ie RBY, YRB,BRY etc) , i need to de-energize the relay connected to the motor.

Could you please tell me , is there any other easy method to do this inaddition to the one i mentioned earlier ?

Thanks for your valuable guidance.

A simple way would be 2 zero crossing detectors on the R & B phases. The R would trigger a 10mS monostable, if the B detector triggers before the monostable times out then the phases are wrong. Another very good indicator is a fan that runs backward.:D

How on earth do the phases get changed in the first place?

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back