Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pfaff 1222 electronic advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsee

Hi all
I have a dead Pfaff 1222 sewing machine. I've replaced the blown fuse on the pcb only for it to blow again.
I would like do away with the control pcb and just run it controlling the motor with the foot control (and with the
light wired in)
Is it possible and if so what connections on the pcb do i need to modify?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Martin

Thanks for reply
Unfortunately there is no info on bypassing the electronics on this machine anywhere so i had to experiment (with success!)

Connectors 1 & 3 go to the light and connectors 4 & 5 go to the motor. Everything else i just disregarded.
Once the correct wires have been established then connecting it up to the foot control and switch is easy.

Have you checked to see if there is a short to earth?, if there is check the motor with it disconnected, the motor itslef could be shot.

Thanks for input dr pepper
I have done away with the pcb and just wired it up direct to the light and motor(via the foot control) and it runs the machine fine.

Good to see you got it useable.

So how did you go about bypassing all the electronics? I have a 1222 with no action too. All the the pre-checks checked out but I have no AC voltage between terminals #4 and #5. If what you did worked, I would like to do it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back