Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

perfect braking of dc motor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have robot with 600 rpm base-motor.It works properly all the time except when I brake or stop both motors suddenly,Robot skids a lot.I want the skidding as low as possible...
I even tried ABS(used in 4-wheelers) but to no use .Plz suggest some method for the same.

Then don't stop both motors suddenly! Decelerate them using a speed controller.

Yes how are you controlling them.
Most good controllers have acceleration and deceleration settings.

for some time I increase the speed,then keep it constant for some time and then reduce it in steps.But that too is not working properly.Plz suggest some diff method to Brake it.

I am using relay drivers having mosfet for adjusting PWM(ie Duty cycle of pulse).
Its normal circuit you would find if you Google...

The circuit I use, which is on Google, provides a soft stop. In fact, you can get a coasting stop. I can't understand why you are having this problem. Maybe you wired it all wrong. Recheck your wiring again, and again. When you are absolutely sure it is wired right, how about posting the circuit and control program.

It seems quite odd to me that you are a having a problem with a perfectly simple problem, one that thousands have solved, but you can't see the need to tell us what you have done.

John

PS: You should also tell us whether your motor is brushed, series or shunt wound, or brushless.

Last edited:
What kind of motor?
A geared motor will stop faster than a non geared motor.

I am using relay drivers having mosfet for adjusting PWM
:confused:Are you trying to use relays for switching the motors on/off at the PWM rate? If so you won't get smooth deceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back