Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pentium 4 2.4 GHz 800 MHz FSB schematics plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halogrunt1234

Hi all.

While working on a new motherboard I ordered, I accidentally bent some pins on my processor. in the process of bending them back, I accidentally snapped one of the pins off on one of the corners of the CPU. I want to know there I can find some pin schematics for a Pentum 4 2.4 Ghz 800 MHz FSB processor so I can figure out what that missing pin will do and if I can still use it in my motherboard. I already have another CPU ordered, but I would still like to know whether or not I can still use my current CPU. I do know that on some IC's, there are unused pins, so I just need to know whether by some miracle I broke an unused pin.

A simple link will do

thank you in advance if you actually get me useful information.

since it's P4, link will be www.intel.com
i would look for datasheets or pinout info for particular socket.

thank you I will look.

also, I put the other CPU I have into my Motherboard (no broken pins) and now, when I try to boot the computer, a fast ticking noise eminates from the processor. I have all fans disconnected, and the ticking noise comes from the processor. I take out the processor, and the ticking noise is gone. I know that this is definitely not good. I am using an Intel Celeron 340 2.93 Ghz 533 Mhz FSB and it is ticking. not to mention the fact that nothing happens in the boot process. no display, no bios check nothing and I have already filed the rebate on my chip.

help
:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back