Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pendrive to pendrive data transfer without using PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

neha14

i am working on the project to transfer all the data from one pendrive to other pendrive without using any third medium..... need some more information for this project

Pendrives are USB slave devices, USB slave devices can not communicate directly with USB slave devices. There have been a few standards that were toyed with such as USB on the go, which have failed due to no one adopting the standards, for general purpose USB slave devices, a third medium is absolutely required. This does not have to be a PC mind you! Something like the Viniculum chips support both usb slave and host support for HID and mass storage types devices which might allow what you want.

Last edited:
Last edited:
i have tried to work on AVR microcontrollers as they have a usb host controller....but i have little information for its coding so iam confused how to code it accordingly..:(

Last edited:
USB protocols are insanely complex, here's a link to some basics.

USB on the go

Look for USB on the go. Microchip fitted some of their micros starting with the 24F family.

Elektor around Dec 11 (al least the Spanish version), run an article on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back