Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pedometer -- measure the distance that one walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi , every one

I am currently involved in a project which require me to build a device to count the number of steps a person , i need to measure the distance
that one walk in meter
tanks for reply

I have an article with circuit but its all french 3 pages about 1.5 meg if you are interested give youre email and it will be sent.

I would get an inexpensive accelerometer and figure out how to recognize the accelerations associated with a step. I'm certain it's pretty easy. You could probably home brew a shock sensor that could do the same for aless money. then it's justa matter of counting the steps.

gps will be more accurate but it will need to have frequent clear sight of the birds. obviously this won't work for a lot of indoor walking and you can forget caving...

and by the way, pedometers are dirt cheap these days - you can get a decent one for under $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back