Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pedal Powered Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedal power

Hi, I really could use someone's help to design a light installation.

I've already setup the follwoing:

Voltage: 24VDC
Rated Speed: 2650-2900 RPM
Rated Current: 16.0-16.4A
Output: 300W

Motor with a skateboard wheel on the spindle and then connected this to the back wheel of a bicycle. This easily powered a low voltage 50w 12v bulb. Of course if you pedal too fast, the bulb will blow but its difficult to do this.

Now, using the same motor i need to connect this to a set of xmas tree lights and my question is:

a) can I bypass the mains transformer of normal set of xmas tree lights (it says SEC:24v) and connect this directly to the above motor.

b) How do I build a small regulator and stop the lights from being blown?

Sorry I know nothing about electrons, inc volts, amps, watts etc. So please be gentle with me.

Thanks

Yes, you can remove the transformer and connect it to the motor.

The Christmas tree lights will probably only light dimly because it was hard to blow the 12V bulb and the lights you want to power are rated to 24V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back