Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pdfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
can we upload pfs? I tried and failed

Works for me. How big is your PDF? There is a size limit, but that's the only restriction anyone should have.

Attachments

• 334-15__T1C1-4WYA.pdf
    110.8 KB · Views: 331
about 2meg tops, I dont see any pdfs when I try to attach, they dont show up in the upload file box??

thats odd they dont show up in the file upload dialog box but i can drag and drop a file?

Attachments

• AIAA-2007-6829-859.pdf
    944 KB · Views: 312
just noticed no files show up!! for any extension and yet I can drag them onto the page and upload if i goto the folder and dont use the upload file dialog?? very odd

They show up in the dialog box for me. Do you have "All files" selected in the dropdown?

What browser are you using?

Yep all files showing and I am using firefux, which is probably the reason its not working!! everytime it updates I get a different problem, why cant they just leave it alone?

Yep all files showing and I am using firefux, which is probably the reason its not working!! everytime it updates I get a different problem, why cant they just leave it alone?

Why indeed....

Here you go i will show you a screen shot of my folder and a screen shot of what the open file dialog sees of the same folder (dragged and dropped?!)

hang on I think I got it :D

Could you expand the "All files" dropdown so we can take a look at the listed file types?

It closes the box if I try and do a screen shot, but pdf is on there, I was on the wrong folder though, two folders the same on the network one for me and one is the back up on my dads old computer. maybe its because I was trying to pull it from the back up?

I will try a screen shot from this one and shut the network connection off

No comes out the same! I cant get the box screen shot of all the file extensions but pdf is in there

Deleted the screen shot as it shows a couple of passwords, not that many would notice them as file names but i am super careful now lol

Last edited:
Its firefux! I am on IE posting this message and I can see the files ok! bloody firefox

Hmm, that's very strange. I couldn't begin to tell you what's wrong. It's got to be the browser.

Its the browser! I can see all the files if I switch to internet explorer, shame as I dont ever use that. I will drag and drop until mozilla sort it!

Works ok for me, using FF on Win10..
Here's a screenshot
UploadBox.PNG

I thought we sorted this out before, the allowed extensions ARE case sensitive. Bet a .pdf will work. A .PDF won't.

I thought we decided that was only the case on linux systems. Windows doesn't generally care about the case of file extensions.

still dosnt work on mine even with .pdf its ok works with I.E and I expect when my firefox updates yet again it will start to work again. I can also drag and drop files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back