Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCIe TTL level I/O

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefanharjes

Hi folks,

does anybody know by chance a PCI express card with digital I/O (48-96) channels? Just a bare card without any fancy DA or AD or high current stuff? I have found a plethora of cards, but they are all pretty old PCI,

best

I don't know of a source of breadboard PCIe cards. The PCIe is differential pair. There is 1x, pair for TX and pair for Rx(small slot) and 16x, 16 lane(large slot).

The differential pair is 2.5 Gbps so not easily used for breadboarding. You might find a card that has at least the interface IC's to get to a 16, 32, or 64 bit parallel port.

There are PCI express Digital I/O boards out there, they cost thousands of dollars though.
If you've found PCI bus cards find a PCI bus machine to use them on.
Knowing what you're trying to use this for would help better point you in a direction of a useful product. The main thing you didn't mention was the speed you need to capture/read data at, and how much money you have to spend. If this is on the cheap you could use a parallel port card as RCinFLA suggested and use external parallel shift registers to increase the number of I/O lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back