Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overclocked

Alright so I dont have acess to a Laserjet printer, but I can do the "Ink Method" Ive seen people use the ink method with great sucess.

Although I can figure out how they do it. They put it in MSPaint, but their PCB's look different. They have all areas filled, like there are almost no tracks.

Can somone guide me on how to make a good PCB using the ink method?

Overclocked said:
Alright so I dont have acess to a Laserjet printer, but I can do the "Ink Method" Ive seen people use the ink method with great sucess.

Although I can figure out how they do it. They put it in MSPaint, but their PCB's look different. They have all areas filled, like there are almost no tracks.

Can somone guide me on how to make a good PCB using the ink method?

I use Ivex Winboard to make PCB's. I like the way it allows me to separate parts in millimeter increments.

I just use an inkjet printer to print my PCB design on transparencies designed for inkjet printers. I have had 100% success with this method.

If you use MSpaint, you will have to somehow convert pixels into millimeters or inches before printing, or the result will be unsatisfactory.

I have photoshop also, which I perfer over MSpaint..

I use something called Targer 3001 to make my PCB's. Its like cad and it does its job (I need something with auto routing) I have no clue how people route it on their own..

Overclocked said:
...(I need something with auto routing) I have no clue how people route it on their own..

You don't NEED autorouting.

Autorouting means that the computer takes a schematic and tries to make a correct PCB out of it.

I use manual routing where I do all traces myself. Doing it on your own is better when you want to guarantee a correct PCB for the first time.

Just think that the lines on the PCB is the copper, and those are conductors. point me to a very simple circuit you want in a PCB format, and I can do it for you.

**broken link removed**

I just want to see what it will look like vs. what the program gave me.

But still, certain things have to go in places, tracks will cross.

I have a HP inkjet printer

Is this the correct Item I would need?

So using this method I could get PCB's as agood as using an LaserJet?

Thats a pretty simple circuit, I would think you could get away without tracks crossing. If the tracks do have to cross, then you'll just need a jumper wire. (drill holes like you are going to put a component in, and then just put a piece of wire in)

They probably do this to save on the etchant chemical. when most of the board is filled in tehre is very little copper that has to be removed.

Wow.

I'll pick a circuit of my own and do it in PCB format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back