Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB123 = worth the bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

I am using expresspcb but MAYBE something better?
Tried Eagle = learning curve way to steep
Got to using expresspcb in under an hour. works good but??

Yes

Likewise, you could be up and running with PCB123 in less than an hour. PCB123 allows finer traces and up to 6 layers, and has some nice touches like integration of live Digikey pricing.

lots of stuff not needed

hardly ever buy from Digi key = they require you to purchase minium amounts of componets = wanted 3 disc caps had to purchase min of10-no way Jose
finer traces than .006!! who needs them??

hardly ever buy from Digi key = they require you to purchase minium amounts of componets = wanted 3 disc caps had to purchase min of10-no way Jose
finer traces than .006!! who needs them??

Well then, it sounds like you might already know best what you need. So maybe giving it a try would be the best approach to evaluating it?

Of course PCB123 and ExperessPCB require you to buy the PCBs from them, but that's not generally a problem for small quantities as their prices are reasonable.

Of course PCB123 and ExperessPCB require you to buy the PCBs from them, but that's not generally a problem for small quantities as their prices are reasonable.

ExpressPCB now allows you to print their output in exact size for toner transfer work. You can make your own boards while using their software.

Thats what I have been doing

I see PCB123 has a 3D feature which might be cool??
need to play with it before I delete from drive?

Try PCB Wizard the software which i currently use. It allows u to do ur PCB with professional touch. Its easy to use and u can also make a ur own PCB as it prints out the layout in exact size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back