Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done PCB art work on "Express PCB software"
I can print the art work on the printer but I am getting gray back ground and grid as well.

I want to remove gray back ground then I can print only the black tracing.

Anybody got an idea how to remove gray back ground.

If not, Do you have any other software to download from internet to draw PCBs.
This is for my polytechnic project.

Many thanks.

Mahinda

have u eva thought of reading some pages of past questions? i asked the same question a few weeks ago

basic anser: u cant remove the background

basic anser: u cant remove the background

This is true, you cannot remove the background, BUT, you can move the background out of the way so that it does not print over your PCB traces.

In express PCB, the yellow outlined box at the center of the drawing area creates this gray background when printing. You can move the corners of the box out of the way (I make this yellow box so small that it becomes insignificant). You cannot move the upper left corner of the box, but the other three verticies can me moved out of the way. It works for me, and small PCB's.

I don't have the program in front of me, but maybe you can check out the options (I believe under the "Edit" pull down menu) and mess around with the color settings. I'm not sure if there is an option for this background color or not. If so, you can probably set this color to white, or clear, so it does not show up when printed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back