Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Resistors help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

identikal

Hey guys, I'm trying to modify an existing PCB and it would be great if you guys could provide some comments or advice.

I'm trying to cut off the 'analog sticks' on a usb ps2 controller which have 2 variable resistors on them. The problem is when I do cut it off, the computer no longer recognizes the analog sticks in a neutral position. I figured I needed to solder some resistors onto the main PCB to compensate for the absence of voltage.

I just don't know where to solder the resistors =(

Here are some photos and it would be great if anyone could provide some help =)

Thanks!

**broken link removed**

Photo of the PCB + the analog sticks

**broken link removed**

The joining cable thing (Don't know what else to call it)

**broken link removed**

Shot of the PCB with the variable resistors

**broken link removed**

Underside of the variable resistors part

You probably need 8 resistors. I suggest 10 k each, but the actual value isn't likely to be important. The resistors should go between
GND and RP1
GND and RP2
GND and RP3
GND and RP4
Vcc and RP1
Vcc and RP2
Vcc and RP3
Vcc and RP4
There are 9 connections on the ribbon cable. The marking seem to be in the right order, but are spaced wrong so that the end connection, which I think is GND, is not beside the marking that says GND. However, imagine them stretched out and they show which connection is which.

Wow thanks so much Diver300!

Just to clear up when you mentioned VCC is that the wire right next to the GND? I was also wondering is it possible to use 2 resistors and just wire GND to RP1 and make the solder touch RP2-RP4 and same for the VCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back