Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Question: Insulation Gel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoboy

Hi guys,

I have a question here. Im a newbie to PCB designing. Well, for now I have finished my PCB, but I need to know what can I apply to the soldered part so that it would be insulated? This is because the casing that I have for this board is metal, I do not want it to be conductive if the soldered parts touch the body. So, is there any common gel that I can apply to the back of the soldered PCB so that it would be non-conductive?

Any suggestions is appreciated :)

Hi,

it requires a lot of spray laquer to insulate soldered parts.

A better and safer way is mounting the PCB at a certain distance from the enclosure.

There are lots of mounting posts available.

Here is the image of one using an M3 screw to attach to the enclosure and the PCB slips over the notch being locked in place.

Boncuk

Attachments

• DKR6MM..jpg
    DKR6MM..jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 141
What's the maximum voltage?

Is there any mains on the board?

If so, you'll need to connect the metal case to the earth/ground conductor.

A sheet of plastic can also be used to insulate the metal case from the PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back