Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Printing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both vertically and horizontally ?

with the red arrow I get 1" where it says not here I don't which is the original pinhead. As you can see I joined it together I don't know if I was supose to do that.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
You are difficult to get information out of ! :)

with the red arrow I get 1" where it says not here I don't which is the original pinhead. As you can see I joined it together I don't know if I was supose to do that.

It is OK to join them as if you understand that the vertical one gains .1 inch if you count the horizontal one it is butted up against.

So if the vertical is 1 inch with the extra pin then you are off in both directions. That would indicate somewhere you may have printing set to about 90%,

It is OK to join them as if you understand that the vertical one gains .1 inch if you count the horizontal one it is butted up against.

So if the vertical is 1 inch with the extra pin then you are off in both directions. That would indicate somewhere you may have printing set to about 90%,

Check the printer properties. What printer do you have and are you printing from Eagles print dialog ?

Last edited:
Wow you caught that ! I removed it shortly after I posted it.

In the eagle print dialog there under Calibrate
change the X and Y settings from 1 to about 1.1 and try printing again
with the right setting you should get the right size.

Are you going to etch the PCB yourself.

Wow you caught that ! I removed it shortly after I posted it.

In the eagle print dialog there under Calibrate
change the X and Y settings from 1 to about 1.1 and try printing again
with the right setting you should get the right size.

Are you going to etch the PCB yourself.

OK I did it again by going 1.1 but it turned out to big so then I went to 1.01 and it was almost right on probally off by a fraction of a mm so for small stuff like this I can probally get away with it but if I were to ever do a huge board (which will never happen) then I can see it maybe being a problem. Thank you so much for helping me out I really appreciate it. oh yes I am going to do the laser printer method to do my board which I did before but never a PCB.

Brother printers don't have the best reputation for toner transfer. There have been complaints that the toner itself is not best suited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back