Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB plotter schema

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

hi there

does anyone know any DIY or homebuilt PCB plotter?

i think it is hard for me to go on with letrast and pencil...!

thanks for any help

There is one easy option , that i've used ,if you have access to a laser printer and a drawing program..
You are talking about making PCB , before etching ? right?

it is very good to know what do you are doing...?

i am talking about a thing like this pic.

Attachments

• pcbplotter04.jpg
    pcbplotter04.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,902
ok , i've done that also..
but what i was talking about was using a program like visio or similar , and a laser printer to draw the circuit on the blank board..
all you have to do is :
draw your circuit in the program.
print it onto glossy magazine paper..
iron it onto the circuit board
soak the board in water (till the paoer dissolves)
what you are left with is a board ready to be etched..

anyway that plotter(at the pic) use from a program for drawing the PCB on the PC.

your idea is a good idea but the pic i have showed does not need for etched....

i think if some one could make a thing like the pic he shoud be able to do some of changes and mount a motor (drill)on it and makes the holes too

what do you think?

Are you talking about a milling machine which mechanically removes unwanted copper? If so, here is a homemade one. Google on "homemade pc board milling" and "homemade pc board router".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back