Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Part pin placement (Not sure how to dimension it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

I have a gas sensor part with 4 pins placed around a 13.5mm diameter circle. 3 of the pins I have figured out how to make my PCB cad symbol, but I am having trouble figuring out where to locate the pin labeled CO Working. Link for part data sheet.
**broken link removed**
Below is screenshot of my CAD tool.

upload_2015-9-24_1-54-7.png

I'd contact their support and mention that its not clear. They may email you a dimensioned drawing or provide a link to their CAD drawings. If not contact a sales representative and ask. It may take a day but worth it.

Truly a poor datasheet for the pin layout. You have three choices:
1) Buy the product and measure it.
2) Contact the company
3) Extrapolate from that design and others on the site and take a chance. I did the latter based on the symmetry of the right 3 pins:
upload_2015-9-24_7-25-34.png

This design puts the 4th pin at 60 degrees from the horizontal or 3.375 mm from the vertical.

upload_2015-9-24_7-27-10.png

I presume you read the part about using a special machine pin-like socket fort the pins: 450-3326-01-XX-00

John

So it is not just me. I thought maybe I just did not know how to read mechanical data sheets. The company is in the UK and I have been leaving messages with the US distributor, but they have not called back as of yet. I would just switch to another company, but there are very few manufacturers of this type of sensor. An alternate company is Alphasense but they too are UK based, and they only deal with large OEM,s and have no US distributors. These sensors have been a real headache. Thanks for the help:)

Well, scan, and import/re-size into CAD and use the measuring tool.

That's what my teach said when we were given a nasty truss to analyze. Well, he actually said draw it in CAD and use the measuring tool. You just have to assume the drawing is 1:x which, I think, is an OK assumption.

How can something so obvious be so difficult to accept? Get on with your design and make something useful.

John

Well I spoke with SGX, They told me that the pin is offset 30 degrees from the center.

I got it done. I came up with the same number as you 3.375mm, but it took mr awhile to do the trig thing because I forgot how to do it. Thanks for the help.
upload_2015-9-25_23-54-2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back