Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickpin

Time to get my pcbs done properly now!

so i need a proper pcb design package instead of paint and pcbwizard.

I have downloaded Eagle as it seems highly rated. It seems really fiddely and frustrating (hopefully i will get used to it?)

anyway my question for now is where can i find these package styles for Eagle:

CASE 211-11
(.500" flange)
**broken link removed**

CASE 211-07
(.380" flange)
**broken link removed**

Im sick of carefully drilling out these flange holes with the tools i have it takes a while.
I feel like i am in for a steep learning curve here to produce the accurate files for etch houses to work from.

Any help or tips or suggestions would be great.

cheers

Hi stickpin,

since I know from experience it takes a while to get used to Eagle and the tricks you can apply making a device. I'm not talking about just a package.

As you certainly know a device consists of a symbol (used in the schematic editor) and a package (used in the PCB editor).

If you send the part of the data sheet containing the symbol for the schematic (pin names and connections) and the outline of the mechanical drawing including all relevant dimensions I'll make a device for you in no time. That way you'll have a template which fits 100% to the real part.

Of course I won't charge for the work. I feel if I can give a little help it is OK.

Send the describtion to <hjzelec@freenet.de>

Kind regards

Hans

Reactions: 3v0
Boncuk said:
Hi stickpin,

since I know from experience it takes a while to get used to Eagle and the tricks you can apply making a device. I'm not talking about just a package.

As you certainly know a device consists of a symbol (used in the schematic editor) and a package (used in the PCB editor).

If you send the part of the data sheet containing the symbol for the schematic (pin names and connections) and the outline of the mechanical drawing including all relevant dimensions I'll make a device for you in no time. That way you'll have a template which fits 100% to the real part.

Of course I won't charge for the work. I feel if I can give a little help it is OK.

Send the describtion to <hjzelec@freenet.de>

Kind regards

Hans

That would be great if you could! i'll send the data sheets to you.

thanks

Hello Mike,

I hope you read this.

I sent a library with two devices, BFL244 and SD1407 and a small PCB design with those parts early in the morning today. The e-mail was returned. Reason: recipient unknown.

Please check your e-mail address and if you have an alternate address let me know that. I'll resend the files thereafter.

Regards

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back