Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exo

Some time ago there was a member on this forum who produced PCB's out of eagle files...

Does anyone remember his name? because i don't remember and dont find it anymore...

Or, Does anyone know european companies who offer pcb production out of Eagle files and work international ?
they have to take eagle! I've used it for years and i dont want to use anything else...

upand_at_them said:
Olimex is in Romania, I think.

Mike

Bulgaria, actually. I tried to deal with Olimex and the problem we never resolved was payment. They said my credit card payment failed to go through, I checked and rechecked with my bank and they were very clear that the system had not had any charge attempts to my card number. Rechecked the numbers, the verif code on the back of the card, the spelling of my name. I had the sheet I faxed over with my numbers and there was nothing incorrect on it. In the end I never figured out the problem but could not do business without a way to pay them. Western Union to Bulgaria would ruin the price.

**broken link removed** is out of China, they have a really good deal on short run PCB mfg going. They frequently have trouble with their web server so try back if it's down.

GP- plusses- MUCH faster shipping than Olimex, included in the price. More area. No extra charges for excessive holes, fine line features, etc. Boards cut out for free. Downsides- while the per-area charge is less, they do sell you a pretty big area, and you will need to pay an extra fee (like $30 I think) to be able to put on multiple designs even though you provide them the panelized file. They're not the only mfg to do this, but Olimex doesn't charge extra. Once you've incurred the fee you can throw on as many designs as you like though. I've done a bunch of designs AND added little SMD adapter boards and other misc junk. There's a LOT of area there.

GP wants Gerber files, not Eagle. Note Eagle can't properly panelize a design so you want to use Eagle's Gerb export feature anyways. I use GerbMerge, a freeware program, that does a real bangup job of merging Gerbers. I even found a bug, contacted the author, and saw a new version in a couple of days. Use a Gerb viewer to check the output. GM is great because it's driven by a config file so if you need to modify a design you don't have to redo ANY manual steps involved in the merging. Just rerun with the same config file.

I found a German company today called pcb-pool
https://www.pcb-pool.com/

Think i'm gonne give em a try, not too expensive, and they directly accept eagle files, no gerber hassle :roll: ...

Anyone have expierience with this manufacturer ?

PCBtrain from the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back