1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

PCB Manufacturer : JLC PCB

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by DJS Racing, May 30, 2018.

1. DJS Racing

DJS Racing New Member

We ordered 2 layered PCBs for 3 different designs designed on AutoDesk Eagle. We received 5 PCBs of each design.
    The entire process from submission of design files to delivery took about 1 week.
    The PCBs were exactly to scale and of High-Quality finish.

Ordering on JLCPCB is incredibly simple as all it takes is uploading your Gerber files as a zip file, this makes the whole process a lot simpler.
    The PCB manufacturing companies have a set of design rules that the designer should adhere to. If the designer does not follow the rules, the design would be rejected by the manufacturing machine. That’s why most of the PCB manufacturing companies publish a set of design rules and most of them have terms which are confusing to beginners.
    For example, this design rule has been depicted from a different manufacturing company’s page:
    Minimum track width: 6mil (0.15mm)
    Minimum spacing: 6mil (0.15mm)
    Minimum vias specifications: pad:20mil(0.5mm)/hole size:12mil(0.3mm)
    JLCPCB does not require any design rules before ordering the PCBs. It will simply accept your Gerber files. If there is any problem, they will contact you.
    It is impressive that they were able to add solder mask even between pads and tracks which were extremely close together.
    The tracks are able to withstand sufficiently high current and heat with zero depletion in track width and the pads are fit perfectly according to the libraries used in the design, hence allowing us to mount all components perfectly.
    All in all their service was more than satisfactory and we would definitely recommend it to others.

2. SPDCHK

SPDCHK Member

Firstly, which country are you from?

I too ordered from JLCPCB. Order was placed on May, 15th 2018 at a cost of $2 for the PCBs and $10 shipping fee. The PCS's were shipped the 18th, but that's it. Coming to Africa most probably means it has to come via pigeon post or "runner with a stick" method. To be honest, I do not expect delivery for at least anther 3-4 weeks. :(

3. Nigel Goodwin

Nigel Goodwin Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

Well JLC can't do anything about poor infrastructure in your country :D

I've now had a couple of hundred PCB's from JLC, the prototype ten boards option takes one week to arrive from the day we order them, but we pay the extra for DHL delivery. Larger quantities take a few days more, but they tell you this when you order - the ten boards deal is manufactured in two days, more than that takes 4 or 5 days. The last set of boards I ordered were larger than the 100x100 deal, but we ordered ten, and they were manufactured in the same 2 days as the 100x100 boards.

We've been incredibly impressed with JLCPCB, and will continue to use them for all our PCB requirements.

However, as you only paid for cheap shipping, that could be your main problem - the speed of DHL (even with the higher cost) is well worth it to us.

4. dave miyares

Dave New Member

5. JonSea

JonSea Well-Known Member

I agree totally about using DHL shipping. You know when the package will arrive for a small increase in cost. Otherwise, shipping may take a week or two months.

I recently selected the airmail option for a batch of boards from Elecrow (my goto source) because I was going to be out of town for 2 weeks. I was surprised that they were handled by DHL, but instead of being delivered by DHL, they were turned over to the postal service when they entered the country. Shipping took about a week total. Not bad to save a few bucks, but I'm not sure "air mail" is always handled that way.

6. Nigel Goodwin

Nigel Goodwin Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

No, it's likely to be 'hit and miss' - DHL is well worth it, and as the boards are so cheap it still works out a very cheap deal.

7. SPDCHK

SPDCHK Member

Very true ;)
    To be honest, I only ordered on the standard method to "Test the waters"
    All my orders I do (ebay etc) I do via the "Expedited shipping" method. Then I know I will get my order within a two week period.
    I just got myself a new RIGOL DS1054 oscilloscope from the USA (ebay) and that took exactly 14 days to get here from date of order placement.