Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Layout creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

aashish11

Hi,
I want to make my circuit on PCB, I have designed the schematic and simulated it on OrCAD e.t.c. Now, is there any PCB layout software in which I just make my schematic and it can convert my schematic in a corresponding professional looking PCB layout ?

I tried ExpressPCB but there I have to place the components on the pcb my self and then route them...... I want automatic place and route corresponding to my inputted schematic.

Please help me.

If I remember rightly, Altium designer can sort of do that but it isn't very good.

Laying out a PCB often requires an understanding of the schematic - something which computers don't have.

Hi

There is a couple on this site.
Products - New Wave Concepts Limited

I use Livewire to draw up schematics and simulate them and I find it useful. From Livewire if you also purchase PCB. wizard you can transform to PCB automatically it will generate all you need.

I'm sure that this is not for the skilled but it's useful to start.
Here's a clip-
**broken link removed**

A better route would be to persevere with what you first tried.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi,
I want to make my circuit on PCB, I have designed the schematic and simulated it on OrCAD e.t.c. Now, is there any PCB layout software in which I just make my schematic and it can convert my schematic in a corresponding professional looking PCB layout ?

I tried ExpressPCB but there I have to place the components on the pcb my self and then route them...... I want automatic place and route corresponding to my inputted schematic.

Please help me.

DIPTRACE is the best software for the Auto Routing.You have to just draw a schematic and then run auto routing it will done automatically into PCB,
You can download from Downloads :: DipTrace

post your circuit schematic and maybe someone here can help.
I myself use express PCB. It works for me.
although I have been trying to print out a board design and keep getting the print too small
yet I print out an older board design of same and comes out right. Have yet to figure out why??

DIP Trace is awesome :) I'm using it too :)
If you don't like some parts of the layout after auto route you can edit them manually.

if you have the express pcb file then post them as an attachement and am sure I or someone can do a layout.

thats what I was thinking. one wrong connection and the magic smoke Gods will appear.
use a pcboard design software. Save the pencils for drawing cartoons

Directly drawing the PCB is speeder than drawing the schematic & do the auto route & aligning stuff.

For the assurance of
All your pin connections are right.
All your connections have been made, and, right.
There are no missing connections.
There are no wrong connections.

it is more than worth being a little slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back