Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB isolate - lowest recommended value

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik3ca

I'm in a process of making a presensitized PCB and soldering the components on by hand.

When I did my first PCB's I used a 0.6mm isolate (spacing between ground plane and any other track/pad). Now I am using 0.4mm isolate and I'm considering 0.3mm isolate because it allows me to create a better ground plane (instead of having one looking like a fat U shape).

Now the PCB mask will be professionally printed so printout quality won't be an issue, but before I try 0.3mm isolate, are there any factors I should consider first?

I gave up making my own PCB a few years ago as I can get two layer boards with solder mask so cheap it just isn't worth it. Check This site for prices - example 100x100mm boards, ten for $17.

Mike.

In my project I plan to hire someone later on to make PCB's for me but to start with, I'm going to make my own because it takes less time than to hire someone to spend 3-4 weeks making one for me.

When I've ordered boards in the past they've arrived in 1 week. Well worth the wait IMHO.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back