Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcb help

Status
Not open for further replies.
techknow said:
hey need the chemical or the stuff use to make pcb in green colour...i mean the green mask in original PCB's...can any one help me to get it..a link or a place that i can order.....
not sure what you mean?

Are you talking about the traces being green, the rest of the board (the etched part) being green, or both?
I'm probably wrong here, but for the green traces, Is it that Tinning chemical? I dont know the exact name or anything, I know that it doesnt have a very long shelf life if that helps to understand what I'm talking about.

As for the etched part of the board being green, that probably just depends on board composite.

The green coloured stuff that covers everything except holes/pads is called solder mask. PCB manufacturing companies can but it on your boards but as far as I know there is no way to do it yourself. People seem to like laquer spray to protect boards but you have to finish soldering before you spray so you don't cover the pads.

presencitize pcb

hey, i'm not sure with this but i think the presencitize pcb is the one you can use......

techknow said:
Thanks csaba911...thanks for the help..
so this will work..have tried it..is it good or bad..i mean does it protects te track by coroding..

I can't tell, haven't tried yet.
Looking for my old college friend who is get his fist job in a photo printing lab.
He was showing some liquid witch dissolve in solvent after exposed to UV, the rest need to be baked on 130C for 30 min and rock solid.
It was applied with silkscreen process on metal plate !
The one he was using is very dark blue and shiny !

No response from him, he may changed his mail or don't remember me ?~! "11 year"

Hoping to get a few 100mL or more.
Anyone know about this liquid?

Hate to spend $25 US+ S/H for a small bottle.
frances said:
hey, i'm not sure with this but i think the presencitize pcb is the one you can use......

I think you are talking about the **broken link removed**.
This is good stuff, solder mask is the next stage after etching the PCB, and this last layer of ?ink?layer should be very resistant to solvent's and other dissolving solution.

Googled for "solvent developable soldermask" but nothing specific.

Suggestions welcome !!

STEVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back