Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB help please. Is it correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

I need help to make sure the PCB below is 100% correct. It’s this project: http://home.t-online.de/home/stephan.hans/n64.htm But with the adapter to make it 4-players and all four interfaces built-in. This is my first PCB, so I need to know if there's anything I missed. I need to make sure there are no overlapping traces, I need to make sure everything isn't to close together, ECT. I've read some tips about designing PCBs, and I don't seem to be following any of them. :lol: One is that I shouldn't daisy-chain the power, it is daisy-chained, but the power’s only 5 volts. Is this OK? Another is that the power supply traces should be larger than the rest, they’re not. Is this OK? I would just like to verify that I won't blow up my CPU, burn my traces, blow up my controllers, or set my components on fire. :lol: Anyway, I know I'm asking A LOT of you guys, but I would really REALLY appreciate it if someone would help me make sure everything's OK. Thanks a bunch. :)

Rain

Edit: Oops, I see the overlapping green trace by the IC to the right of the top left one. But other than that... :lol:

Attachments

• N64.JPG
    N64.JPG
    323.2 KB · Views: 372
Looking at the schematic, you should have 10 diodes 4 resisitors and 1 capacitors. But since you want to build 4 into one board you should have:

:40 diodes
:16 resistors
:4 capacitors

you've got the capacitors, but it does not look like you have got 40 diodes and the sixteen resisitors.

Thats all the errors I can find. Good luck :wink:

Gah! :eek: Didn't see that red crossover. Thanks a lot, no one else seems to be responding. :? And I'm still looking at my lack of parts trying to figure it out because there MUST have been a reason I didn't put them in. Again, thanks. :wink:

Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back