Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pcb etching equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

saheed taiwo

I need good information on getting an equipment for etching a circuit on a PCB or is there anyone i can build myself because in my country,Nigeria,it's difficult to get things like that.pls i need cheap and affordable type

How many boards do you need to make?

What do you mean by equipment? I use 2 plastic lunch boxes for my developer tank and etchant tank, then sit them in a bucket of hot water to speed up the etching time.

If that is what you call equipment than im sure you can get it local.

Etchant i use Ferric Chloride
Developer i use Caustic Soda ( only needed if you are using uv photo resist board)

I gave up on bubblers and other junk in the tanks years ago as it makes little difference.

Have a read of a few other threads on this subject, but bare in mind you dont need all the fancy crap some surgest to produce a good board.
I often think many have no idea on producing pcb's and get sold lots of rubbish they dont need.

Keep it simple, keep it cheap, and perfect the proceedure to work.

Pete.

Pcb etching

Pete, i,m very grateful 4 that.but i couldn't understand ur explanation much may b because u just briefly talked about it.Can i get a readable material on the procedure or u will prepare a comprehensive note on that.I'm tired of using vero board in implementing my circuit.Kudos to my fellow members 4 quick response,i'm happy 2 b welcom as a member

You can use pentel-pen (be sure it is dried well) or masking tape for the trace you want to retain for your circuit. (for simple projects only) then Ferric chloride will remove the exposed/unwanted copper.

How I make PCBs

What I have found is you will have to develop (no pun intended) what works for you. Their is always a phase involving some experimentation.

The two core processes is toner transfer (which I use) or photographic. Toner transfer needs a laser printer (brand matters, I use an old HP6P), while photographic you will need a UV light source (UV LEDs can work well for this). Which one do you want to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back