Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGCB

I don't understand how or why to use a board with individual plated holes. I have made a few etched pcb's and used the boards with conected holes. I got a board at RS that has some indivdual pads. How do I use these (ie 2 leads per hole-they don't fit)? Help! I've even searched for a picture or video online and searched this forum. Still stymied

I don't understand how or why to use a board with individual plated holes. I have made a few etched pcb's and used the boards with conected holes. I got a board at RS that has some indivdual pads. How do I use these (ie 2 leads per hole-they don't fit)? Help! I've even searched for a picture or video online and searched this forum. Still stymied

hi,
The usual way is to use soldered wire links on the non component side, very messy.

For signal lines use 'Kynar' solid single strand wire, it will join pads along their edges.

EDIT
https://www.google.co.uk/products?q...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CC4QrQQwAA

Last edited:
I like enamelled wire because it's asy to solder through the enamel so I don't have to strip off any insulation.

Thanks for the replies. I'll just try to avoid using the single pads if I can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back