Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB disable beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinmatth

This is the board in a freezer that has a high temperature alarm beeping sound as the temperature rises above a set point. Can anyone identify where the beeping may be coming from and how I can disable it? Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210703-140011_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210703-140011_Chrome.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 231
The first picture is the front control panel and the sound seems to be coming from there but I know nothing about PCB boards so maybe not. On the website I also found this main control board that is located behind the freezer I was looking for a buzzer of some sort on the control board just in the picture before I start to take it apart to find it and I don't really know what I'm looking at if someone could help me decipher it. Here is the front and back of the main control board.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210704-202427_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210704-202427_Chrome.jpg
    620.8 KB · Views: 215
  • SmartSelect_20210704-202544_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210704-202544_Chrome.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 212
The board in the first post sounds like where the beep is coming from but the other side of that board is on the front of this upright freezer and it just has the buttons to control the temperature and silence the alarm briefly here is a picture.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210704-203339_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210704-203339_Chrome.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 222
That is just the plastic cover over the pcb.

What we need to see is the side of the pcb directly under that cover - I think that is where the beeper probably is.

Unfortunately, that will require some disassembly to get to it.

The other question is - why is the beeper sounding? Is the fridge not set cold enough?

I have a thermostat keeping at refrigerator temperature. I have two of these stand-up freezers and one is a freezer and the other is this one. The high temperature alarm is sounding then I can silence it temporarily but it comes back.

Ok. That will take some work because this model has no screws according to the parts diagram on their website so it will be a scary job having to pop the parts off and hope I don't break them. Thanks for your help this far.

I got the front panel off and located the buzzer and took the little circular piece out of it and now there is no more beeping. Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back