Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB design tool with BOM organizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimus

Hello All,

I i am ot familiar with a lot of PCB desiging tool. I have done some work with Kicad and other open source tools. However, i need a software that will allow me to handle better my list of componentes. I wanna be able to print and view it easier, maybe even add price for an initial estimate of my total board price. Which tools have such a feature?

Thanks in advance.

Eagle has a wide selection of script called ULPs or User Language Programs. One is BOM.ulp it will generate a BOM from the schematic capture screen. I do not recall it having a price/cost feature but the source code is there and you can add it. Or maybe such a script already exists.

3v0

Hello All,

I i am ot familiar with a lot of PCB desiging tool. I have done some work with Kicad and other open source tools. However, i need a software that will allow me to handle better my list of componentes. I wanna be able to print and view it easier, maybe even add price for an initial estimate of my total board price. Which tools have such a feature?

Thanks in advance.

ExpressPCB has a "Copy bill of materials to clipboard" function in EDIT of the schematic capture program, that can be Pasted directly into Excel. There you can add costs or other information, and sort as needed.

Ken

didimus,

Checkout the following tutorial regarding generating a BOM from Eagle:

**broken link removed**

It will also grab part info and pricing data from Digikey and Mouser. It doesn't have a Kicad IO module yet, but I intend to add this support in the near future.

-Mar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back