Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Board Stack Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having Search phrase blockage this morning. Looking for 0.030" wire/rods for stacking boards. They will also for transfer of low current power and signals (low kHz range). I think they can come in straight 18"? or so lengths. Wondering if someone has a link or can point me in the right direction?

I agree with the pin headers if at all possible. I took another look and a 2 pin header may just fit. Close enough that a corner of the plastic could have to be touched up with a file, it is that close.

I keep thinking of something like a solid (no flux) Tig wire with a good amount of silver alloy.

You can remove the plastic from a pin header. Some are more easily removed that others. When I have confronted something like you describe, I loosen the pins, then solder to the board with the plastic in place, as it keeps things aligned. Then pull off the plastic.

Copper coated tig wire may work, if you want 0.030 and round. The mating contacts may prefer square, unless you are soldering at both boards.

John

Yes the idea was to solder both boards. For some reason I hadn't thought of using the pull the plastic off the pin header after soldering method. I think that solves it. Thanks! & +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back