Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcb 3.5mm stereo jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacey_lincs

anybody know how they exactly work ? does it just pass the analogue signal on.

idea being to interface my ipod to this pass through some filters which il making a graphic visualiser from then output the sound to some speakers ?

or would a mic be a better option and just amplify the signal before it passes through the filters?

An ipod has a very low power output that drives earphones, not speakers. Its output can drive a stereo amplifier that drives speakers.

What is a "graphic visualiser"? A video screen? An audio spectrum analyser using many filters?

what i mean by graphic visualizer is like the things of media players or itunes that vary due to the frequency of the song being played, just i am making a hardware version.

hopefully a miniture version of this https://www.u2r.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/posters/a4-sub-focus.jpg

idea being ipod - aux cable - filters to a micro controller to control an array of leds dependant on the frequency then an aux out to speakers.

just trying to figure out how the jack works as it has 5 contacts and im waiting on a pin layout but it just looks like a switch.

cheers

Last edited:
The photo you posted does not do anything. I don't know what it does.

Google Images has thousands of Audio Spectrum Analysers. If you want one then please don't call it what you wrongly called it.

Attachments

• audio spectrum analyser.PNG
    audio spectrum analyser.PNG
    134 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back