Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC serial transmission and transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
strange question for somody from malasia (i always imagine that
you guys should have trackloads of electronics parts).
can you post details on what are you trying to achive?

at first i planned on modulating the pc signal using a modulator (diode, transistor or anything that is self made AM transmitter for transmission) but now i realized that most of the examples, their signals are sine waves. If a PC serial data is sent through the modulator, would it be able to transmit?

It would seem that you could make a one transistor oscillator with a varicap to provide some fine adjustment. TTL level data might be applied to the varicap to shift the frequency. Your receiver would have to be able to make sense of this - maybe use CW mode so a tone shift results. This is pretty crude and has limitations but on a test bench you might get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back