Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pc psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhammad59

i want circuit diagram for this psu and general working principle

Attachments

• 11995718_943489045696796_2028962623_n.jpg
    11995718_943489045696796_2028962623_n.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 11936982_943489212363446_1378296941_n.jpg
    11936982_943489212363446_1378296941_n.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 177
You need to know that they never leak their schematic diagram because these are professional manufacturer and they work for benefit. You may find something similar (hardly) SMPS diagrams in internet instead.

If you just want to use it as a power supply, here are some pinouts.
**broken link removed**
It needs a load so put a 10 ohm 10W resistor between any +5 red wire and ground.

Maybe this will help.
ATX power supply pinout.jpg

It needs a load so put a 10 ohm 10W resistor between any +5 red wire and ground.
Did you mean that the computer ATX power supply should not be turn ON without load?

You can turn them ON without load, but the Power Supply may not Switch On without a minimum load on the 5 Volt output.
If the fact applies to all general PSU, it's very nice info to me. I have replaced a shorted diode near a transformer in a computer PSU and shorted (once) the start wires to turn it ON, but not responding. I will try again with load resistor once.

You can turn them ON without load, but the Power Supply may not Switch On without a minimum load on the 5 Volt output.

Should have been more precise in my statement :eek:

"........... the Power Supply may Switch ON for a Second or Two before Shutting Down."

It needs to switch ON before the electronics realizes that the 5 Volt Bus is not loaded and shuts down.

There are loads of web pages that describe the different sections of ATx supplies, while each brand may be different in actual design they all tend to have isolated section's. For example most have the big Caps for smoothing the input etc, depending on design many have a pwm chip (actually google for altering ATX by pwm chip). I was dabbling with a couple and found that once you get a general idea how they are meant to work you can identify the sections, be careful though I have had a couple of large nips of them even after being powered off for weeks.
I will try and get some pages for you but I dont have my old bookmarks anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back