Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pc power unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnon

i took a working pc power unit and started a "make a power source diy " as are many youtube instructions.
it all worked well until by mistake i short circuit the 3.3V with groung
a little spark and it went dead . well almost dead. when i turn it on the vent starts and stops as if some protection circuit is activated.

is there an easy way to bring it back to live or just take another oc power and start again adding fuses ti all outlets this time...

Fixing a switching power supply is for advanced hobbyists, or the pros. Requires working with high voltages, and understanding safety and isolation issues. I can get another PC supply at the thrift shop for $3; I wouldn't screw with a blown-up one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back